Dr. A. V. Pavan Kumar
Qualification : Ph.D.
Details of Educational Qualification:
|Course||Specialization||Group||College Name/University||Year of Passing|
|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus||2018|
|M.S.||Electrical Power Engineering||Electrical Power Engineering||University of Northumbria Newcastle upon Tyne, U K||2007|
|B.Tech.||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Priyadarshini college of Engineering & Architecture, RSTM Nagpur University, Nagpur, India||2005|
Note : Students are advised to meet me in Room No : WB-115 at any time other than my class hours mentioned in the below timetable for any discussions related to the subjects & research.
My Schedule for 2020-21
List of Publications
|S.No||Title of the Paper||Full Details of Journal Name / Conference Name, Volume number, page number, Date|
|1||“A Comparative Study of Model Based Design of PV cell in MATLAB/Simulink/Simscape”||International Journal of Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Engineering, Vol. 3 , No.1, Pages : 37 - 42 (2014) Special Issue of ICETETS 2014 - Held on 24-25 February, 2014 in Malla Reddy Institute of Engineering and Technology, Secunderabad– 14, AP, India. (http://warse.org/pdfs/2014/icetetssp07.pdf )|
|2||“A Discrete PLL based Load Frequency Control of FLC based PV-Wind Hybrid power system With Real Time Data”||International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems (IJPEDS) Vol. 7, no. 4, PP-1320-1329, 2016. ISSN:2088-8694. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11591/ijpeds.v7.i4.pp1320-1329 (Scopus Indexed, impact factor: 1.08)|
|3||“Solar Illumination And Wind Speed Prediction: The Relative Prospects and Potential outcomes”||Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 17, issue.1, no.35, PP 1-8, 2017. (impact factor: 0.4)|
|4||“Digital Simulation of Voltage Regulated Inverter for FLC Controlled Autonomous PV-Wind Hybrid Power System”||Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 17, issue.2, no.41, PP 1-9, 2017. (impact factor: 0.4)|
|5||“Performance analysis of FLC controlled PV-Wind hybrid power system for dc load with real-time data in Matlab, Simulink”|| Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 10, issue.1, PP 15-20, 2017, ISSN: 1844-6035 |
(impact factor: 0.21)
|6||“A review of reactive power compensation techniques in microgrids”||In Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 81, Part 1, 2018, Pages 1030-1036, ISSN 1364-0321, http://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.08.006. (Scopus and SCI impact factor: 8.050, 5-year impact factor: 9.122)|
|7||“TIE-LINE FREQUENCY BIAS CONTROL OF TWO-AREA PV-WIND HYBRID POWER SYSTEM”||UPB Scientific Bulletin, Series C: Electrical Engineering, ISSN 2286-3540 (accepted for publication, 2018). (Scopus and SCI indexed journal) (impact factor: 0.22)|
|8||"Performance Analysis of a Two-Diode model of PV cell for PV based generation in MATLAB"||2014 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), pp.68-72, 8-10 May 2014. doi: 10.1109/ICACCCT.2014.7019191|
|9||"Implementation of MPPT control using fuzzy logic in solar-wind hybrid power system"||2015 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy Systems (SPICES), pp.1-5, 19-21 Feb. 2015 doi: 10.1109/SPICES.2015.7091364|
|10||"Investigation of small PMSG based wind turbine for variable wind speed"||2015 IEEE International Conference on Recent Developments in Control, Automation and Power Engineering (RDCAPE), pp.107-112, 12-13 March 2015 doi: 10.1109/RDCAPE.2015.7281378|
|11||"Application of Dynamic Voltage Restorer in microgrid for voltage sag/swell mitigation"||2015 IEEE Power, Communication and Information Technology Conference (PCITC), Bhubaneswar, India, 2015, pp. 750-755. doi: 10.1109/PCITC.2015.7438096|
|12||"Reactive power compensation in microgrid using custom power devices"||2015 IEEE IAS Joint Industrial and Commercial Power Systems / Petroleum and Chemical Industry Conference (ICPSPCIC), Hyderabad, India, 2015, pp. 96-104. doi: 10.1109/CICPS.2015.7974060|
|13||"Fuzzy logic based control for IPFC for damping low frequency oscillations in multimachine power system"||2015 IEEE IAS Joint Industrial and Commercial Power Systems / Petroleum and Chemical Industry Conference (ICPSPCIC), Hyderabad, India, 2015, pp. 32-36. doi: 10.1109/CICPS.2015.7974050|
|14||"Utilization of Unified Power Quality Conditioner for voltage sag/swell mitigation in microgrid"||2016 Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE), Bengaluru, India, 2016, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/PESTSE.2016.7516475.|
|15||"Performance analysis of voltage regulated inverter for FLC based PV-wind hybrid power system with real time data"||2016 International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Technology and Science (ICETETS), Pudukkottai, India, 2016, pp. 1-8. doi: 10.1109/ICETETS.2016.7603082.|
|16||"Microgrid reactive power compensation using UPQC with common DC link energy restored by PV array"||2016 International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Technology and Science (ICETETS), Pudukkottai, India, 2016, pp. 1-8. doi: 10.1109/ICETETS.2016.7603079.|
|17||“A Comparative Analysis of Load Frequency Control Strategy of a Voltage Source Inverter for A Stand-alone PV-Wind Hybrid System”||2016 IEEE 6th International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS), New Delhi, India, 2016, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ICPES.2016.7584130.|
|18||“Wearable Exoskeleton Assisted Rehabilitation in Multiple Sclerosis by Using Conventional Control Methods”||2019 3rd International Conference on Computing Methodologies and Communication (ICCMC), Erode, India, 2019, pp. 49-53. doi: 10.1109/ICCMC.2019.8819682|
|19||“A Technical Implementation of Frequency Subordinate Control of WPG”||2019 International Conference on Computation of Power, Energy, Information and Communication (ICCPEIC), Melmaruvathur, Chennai, India, 2019, pp. 034-039. doi: 10.1109/ICCPEIC45300.2019.9082405|
- Karthik A., Amarnath A., Manohar Reddy T.M., Krishna V.T., Pavan Kumar A.V. (2020) "IoT-Based Automatic Irrigation Control". In: Pradhan G., Morris S., Nayak N. (eds) Advances in Electrical Control and Signal Systems. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 665. pp 841-849, Springer, Singapore DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5262-5_63
- Pavan Kumar A.V., Sai Varun Y. (2020) "MPPT-Based Inverter Control of Grid-Connected PV–Wind Hybrid Power System". In: Pradhan G., Morris S., Nayak N. (eds) Advances in Electrical Control and Signal Systems. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 665. pp 43-55, Springer, Singapore DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5262-5_4
- Participated in 5 Day FDP on “Awareness on Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Engineering” Sponsored by TEQIP-III, IEEE & Technical Sponsor ISIE INDIA at JNTUA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (AUTONOMOUS), ANANTHAPURAMU on 21 Jan and 25 Jan 2020
- Participated in 5 Day Workshop on “NBA & NAAC Accreditation Process” Sponsored by AICTE under Margadarshana Scheme at M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru on 10th Dec - 14th Dec 2018.
- Participated in Three Day Awareness Training Course on Quality Management Systems (Based on ISO 9001 – 2015 standard) at Madanapalle Institute of technology and Science, Madanapalle on 16 – 18 May 2018.
- Participated in Two Day National Level Workshop on “Outcome Based Learning in NBA / NAAC Evaluation” at Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Madanapalle, 30th Nov to 1st Dec 2018.
- Participated in Two Day FDP Programme on "SCILAB" at Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science in collaboration with APSSDC, held on 5th – 6th October 2018.